Saturday, November 10, 2007

For the McPhails

Some very dear friends of ours respectfully requested that I post more often. So this is for them.

Being at at big church has some perks like...I just called David Crowder to see if his band would be interested in possibly coming to one of our quarterly youth rallies. It's kind of crazy because I was serious...before today I've always thought, "Man it'd be cool if one day David Crowder came to my church and played." Now I think, "wow, David Crowder actually may come to my church and play!" Craziness!

I do miss the small church stuff, too. Like when I worked from home...never talked to anyone and actually got all of my tasks done each day. I know that I'm the new guy at a very busy and often frequented church, so I know that people are wanting to come by and say hi, shoot the breeze, and talk about whatever. I enjoy that, because a month ago I was begging for interruptions...I say all this to say, be careful what you wish for. I do welcome interruptions, though...BUT I actually do have work to do, too.

All this to say, it's been a fast, busy, and great week at Westover. My big task was to get a feel for my new role and get my office set up...both are done! We're having lots of fun and are excited about our VERY LONG future here.

I hope this made Michael and Julie's day better...thanks for dinner last night, you guys are awesome!

p.s. DON'T MOVE!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post! I love how we are too lazy to even have a blog and we convinced you to post more often on yours!! Keep up the good work.

~Julie

P.S. We had so much fun the other night. You guys need to come over again soon.

November 11, 2007 at 6:19 PM  
Blogger D.L. White said...

What an exciting opportunity for you. I know you'll do great at this new job!

I too struggle with posting on the ol' blog regularly...

November 20, 2007 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger wyeast said...

Dude, super pumped your here. Let's grab lunch this week.

November 26, 2007 at 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home