Wednesday, May 2, 2007

I don't like causing pain.

Well...for the rest of my wife's pregnancy I'll have to cause her pain each and every day of it. Because of the pregnancy her blood has thickened so that she has to be on a mild blood thinner. The dosage comes in the form of a SHOT! I hate this. My wife is always excited to come home and tell me about her day, now she has to come home and get an injection. I can't wait for this baby to be born!

Please pray for Neena, that the injections are as painless as possible and that the rest of the pregnancy goes smoothly and without any more hitches. Also pray for the baby, that it continues to grow well, and remain healthy and strong. In case you're wondering, the injections do NOT affect the baby in anyway. This is a very mild blood thinning medication that reduces clots. Apparently Neena has inherited thick blood from someone in her family...although that is unknown. Right now they're telling us that b/c of the pregnancy she has a higher risk of forming clots...therefore the need for the injections. After the pregnancy they'll review her blood again and most-likely she'll be back to "normal". As much as Neena hates this...I feel I'm not far behind her. I don't like causing pain...especially to her. She too sweet and precious to have to go through this. BUT, she is VERY strong...I just hope I'm as strong. NO FUN!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Marta said...

I'm sorry that y'all are having to have this little hiccup during Neena's first pregnancy! No fun at all! Praying that it's not as bad as it seems and that you get really good at giving quick, painless shots!

May 2, 2007 at 9:33 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth C. said...

I'm so sorry y'all are having to do this, but I know it's for Neena's benefit. Time will pass quickly and this part will be over before you know it. Plus, I know I'd much rather have someone who loves me giving me a shot. That way I know they are going to be as gentle as possible and will feel sorry for me too!

May 2, 2007 at 10:13 PM  
Blogger the Kimberlins said...

Ya'll are both so brave, you to be able to give the shot and Neena to take. Oh I hurt for you both. Ya'll are of course in my prayers.

May 3, 2007 at 1:10 PM  
Blogger D.L. White said...

We'll be praying this is the only snag you guys run into - and that the rest of the pregnancy will be easy without any other complications! Hang in there! :)

May 4, 2007 at 11:22 AM  
Blogger Robby and Lynsey said...

Oh that's sad. I'm sorry you guys are having to do this. Good luck to both of you!! :(

May 7, 2007 at 2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josh, thank you for being gentle with our girl. Neena, now you have over come two of your fears, hospitals and shots. God is amazing isn't he.. we continue to pray. our love...

May 19, 2007 at 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home